Friday, January 20, 2006

Yeah, He's Gotta Be Hot



With the fast approaching nuptials of my two dear sisters, I have had marriage on the brain, I guess. It's a big step, and a very important decision, this I know. So, after Bro. what's-his-name told us about his daughters making lists of the qualities they wanted in their future spouses, I decided to do just that. The following is a comprehensive list of the must-have traits of my future husband.

1. First, I need someone who gets me...a pretty hard task to accomplish as I don't even get me. Even so, it's essential.

2. Next, I really need someone with good dental hygene. It's just a must.

3. We all know the importance of interest compatibilities, so obviously I will need to marry someone who blogs.

4. Another thing that I require in my future spouse is man hands. I know that I shouldn't begrudge people the look of their hands, as they can't really help it, but guys with women hands just give me the willies.

5. I also need someone that will buy me Dance Dance Revolution and let me win on a regular basis. He's gotta have moves, but not let on that he does. you know?

6. He must also be almost attractive as the fine specimin below. Hard to accomplish, I know, but a girls got to have standards, and this is mine.



7. I think that another essential part of maintaining a good relationship is sharing things. My future husband better be very generous, becuase by sharing things, I mean giving me things.

8.Any husband of mine has got to have a prestigious job. For instance, he could be a toy tester, or work for Crest Toothpaste, Covenant publishing, or something like that. I'm not going to marry a nobody!

Yep, I think that about covers it.

You think I'm asking a lot, don't you? Well, that may be the case, but I just know there's someone out there that's up to scratch and meant just for me. I know it.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Agreed on the man hands bit. You know how I feel about that.

Man, you're going to have a hard time finding someone as attractive as David Bowie. There's bound to be someone, though, right?

Excellent post, I must say.

deb said...

Agreed. I haven't been this entertained since...well, okay I get entertained easily, but this by far takes the cake for the hour of 5. And I agree on all of the above. Generous. Man hands-on that subject the guy in front of me in PS had woman hands, and yes it was creepy. I think the man should also have a good idea of what treats I will need when I am having a really bad day. Scott always knows that Rachel requires cookies and chocolate milk. mmm chocolate milk. the end.

plugalong said...

Ah yes, the hands. There was once a boy in High School with the best hands ever....don't know what happened to him. And, I agree with debboe, nicely written blog. Looooved it(o.k. so probably a quote from a childrens movie that I can't even recall right now which one, I just know it is from something. Children truly change your life).

megan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
deb said...

Alternate Blog titles: Some like It (Him) Hot...especially Micquel.
HOT HOT HOT.

Unknown said...

Becca, you sure are in the P&P mood ever since Christmas break. Man alive.

Good titles, Deb.

micquel said...

Remember how Brenton says Bowie? That's funny. I agree with those titles. HOT HOT HOT makes me want to watch bend it like Beckham real bad.

P&P quotes really do apply to quite a few situations. My family was quoting it at dinner tonight, in fact. (that fact said fart for a few seconds. ha ha.)

Unknown said...

Ha ha. Badger. Bowie.

kidzdilemmas said...

Wow that is alot to ask. But someone must be like that right?
Anyway, wouldn't you want him to be the same religon as you? I would.

Unknown said...

Well, you know, I think this post was sort of supposed to be a joke, so we wouldn't want to get too serious about it. Lets not.

smart alec said...

Nikki, what are you talking about?! I thought Micquel was getting married. I know I am planning on it soon...

inanechatter said...

I have to agree that dental hygene is a must but I think you should also include that he must wash his hands. Do you know how many boys don't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom? Gross!

inanechatter said...

so I couldn't figure out how to add a link to my blog on my profile. But I added a web page link so if you click that it will take you to my blog

micquel said...

wow, you are pretty dang smart to figure out that kind of awesomeness. honestly, your computer skills almost creep me out. someday I will learn about links and stuff. As of now...can't be bothered.

inanechatter said...

What computer skills? I'm pretty much computer illiterate. I didn't even know what a blog was until recently. I was just messing around with things and stumbled upon it.

Unknown said...

Mindy's always messing around with things. That's how she became so smrt, I mean smart.