Thursday, November 09, 2006

I Have No Shame (okay, maybe a little bit)

I'm the biggest blog slacker alive, and I acknowledge the fact and apologize semi-heartily for the long, unplanned hiatus. I know that you've all been checking multiple times daily to see if I have updated since that post below that was so long ago, and now your wishes are finally fulfilled.

Except that you probably have given up altogether and so are reading this because I told you in an excited frenzy that my beautiful blog was blessed again with bounteous blodder. (blog fodder, if you will.) All lies of course, to get you to read this pathetic drivel.

Now, if you have accepted that apology, feel free to read on and be shocked and appalled by my life as it is. I will present you with my current stats, since they have changed a lot in the last few months, and you all need to be caught up with my current status in life.

Micquel Walker
20 Years Old
Orange hair
Orange eyes
5'4" (very nearly)
fatter than I was before I quit running because of this nasty cough
BYU Statistics Major of Sophomore standing
Single
Nearing death because of Calculus

So, there you have it. My life in a nutshell.

Okay, now I will tell you an amusing anticdote to keep you all addicted to reading:

I keep my cellphone in a little open pocket of my backpack, please keep that in mind as you read. I was exiting the JKB the other day when I noticed that my shoelace was untied. This worried me greatly, as I am prone to tripping, and having shoes untied greatly adds to the possibility that I do. I decided tht I must needs bend down and tie it immediately. So I did. And it was then that my cellphone became dislodged from its not-so-secure resting place and beaned me on the head. Yes, I was beaned on the head by my own cell in a rather public place. It kinda hurt (my head, not my pride).

That was amusing, no?

16 comments:

plugalong said...

Wahahahaha!


Welcome back!

Unknown said...

ha ha ha. I have even already heard that story and I still chuckled to myself. You've got some pretty sweet stats. I like the invention of blodder. There are no words to describe my excitement at your return to the blogging world. I hope you will reside here forever more.

deb said...

I am so glad that you are back. SOOOOOO happy. I can't really picture you getting clunked in the head with your cell. But I do understand the pains of falling. Once I tripped on the garden hose on the way to Daisy's car and my backpack landed on top of my head. It was quite painful because it was back in the AP bio days. Just be glad that it was a small piece and not a big piece that landed on your head.

Unknown said...

ha ha. All of these images going through my mind are fantastic. Keep them coming. klutz. How in the heck do you spell that?

smart alec said...

um, i have also heard that story, and it is still funny. so is debs.

micquel you are hot.

inanechatter said...

I cannot express the joy I received when I stumbled upon your newest post. I must admit I had given up and stopped checking your blog very often. I assumed you would begin posting again once calculus was over (believe me I understand). It brought joy to my heart to read about your cell phone beaning you in the head. I love when things like that happen to me and I burst out laughing and bystanders all look at me like I am pathetic but at least it brought happiness to me.

deb said...

80's music is pretty fun. I likea it.

Babs said...

well.. I know I read this blog a while ago, and in all honesty was lazy and didn't comment. Somehow I think just checking blogs, and reading comments is enough and I don't actually have to comment! Interestingly enough... I don't think that is logical, because then no one knows that I still exist and actually do care about their lives. ... anyways, What is new Micquel.. I'm sure there is about a bajillion new things in your life because I haven't heard from ya in forever.. so, I understand if you don't know where to start... but anywho, I'll stop taking up space on your blog now... SORRY!!! :O)

kidzdilemmas said...

I agree with you. math of any sort is confusing.
(Zip up your cell phone pcket of you'll lose it!)

inanechatter said...

Hey, umm... don't you think two almost three months is a long enough hiatus? I understand you're busy and all but I'm going into withdrawal.

inanechatter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trisha said...

holy crap! the blog world has gone to pot. do something!

smart alec said...

yeah, get crackin yo.

plugalong said...

So long time no see. You came to my house, but I wasn't here! Who is this Jeff you brought with you? I understand my children did what children do and told you to get married or something like that. Awkward. Sorry. Funny though to (hee, hee).
Lot's 'o' love!

micquel said...

Yes, Plugalong, I brought a young man to your house when you were away. He kept them well occupied so mom and I could just sit back and watch the crazy antics. I, too, found it quite humorous that Bryce thought that because I took a bite of Jeff's pizza we were destined for marriage. No worries on that front, though, we already got asked the big question the week before by Jeff's 9 year old neice.

By the way, I wanted to tell you bummer about your camera, but I can't comment on your blog, so I'll just tell you now, BUMMER about your camera. Thanks for the comment.

smart alec said...

donde esta me Micquel?