Monday, August 17, 2009

Cooler than I was

As you can see, I have finally emerged from the stone age and changed my template. This is thanks to Mindy. She worked some kind of magic to update from the old old school blogger and taught me how to change it. Thanks sis, I'm cooler now because of you!

If you wanted to know, Jeff and I went camping this weekend, and had quite a fancy time. (Fancy because the campsites had flushing toilets, and hot water and soap to wash your hands). I would show you all the fun pictures we took of the scrub oak in Heber, and our sunburned faces, but we forgot our camera. I'm not going to apologize, though, because we had already been on a long fruitless search for rainboots/galoshes (they do not exist in ANY store in Orem--unless you want fishing boots) when we realized, and we weren't going to spend more time and gasoline just to get our camera to please you. So there.

Another thing you might want to know is that Jeff and I are restarting P90X today after a week off. Yes, we did the unthinkable and became lard butts again. But really it was for the best because Jeff had this wicked cough and a sore foot from being stabbed, and through all this he had to go to class, study for and ace his finals. Which he did. I was also really busy reading blogs and playing solitaire. So as you can see, there was really no way either of us could have kept up on it. Anyway, we're going to start again with the week we skipped instead of skipping it altogether, so wish us luck as we reincounter that first week soreness. Really, I need some luck. Also wish us motivation, because I have rediscovered how wonderful it is to sleep in and then goof off after work. And eat TONS of junk food while camping. Yep.

Well, I hope you have the most lovely Monday (or whenever you read this) imaginable.

7 comments:

inanechatter said...

I heart new posts. Your blog looks fab by the way ;). And good luck getting back into the groove.

Unknown said...

Way to go Mindy! Looks good.

Oh man. I weeded for like an hour and a half in my mom's garden last night. My fingertips are SO sore. And my shoulders, oddly enough. I think I'm the biggest wuss ever. My mom weeds pretty much all day when she's home. She's so tough. She could probably do better at P90X (or whatever it's called) than me.

smart alec said...

i'm definitely a big wuss. and you are not. although i do walk up that big hill south of campus everyday, so, i guess that's something. maybe i'm just a regular wuss.

since i never get to see you, my dear, you should blog a lot more so that i can pretend that i see you even though i don't :)

micquel said...

I'm definitely a wuss when it comes to weeding. Especially when there is a hot sun involved. nope, I think air conditioned P90X is way better

WitchFirebird said...

I like your new template!

Well,as for exersize, I walk up and down my stairs sometimes when I realize it can't be good to be so sedentary... lets see shall I sew or knit now, hmm...

Teri said...

Good luck with that exercise!!! I hear wonderful (and yet not so easy) things about that program! It sounds like a fun thing to do with your hubby.

And I love the template! I've never heard of "shabbyblogs", but thanks to you I'll be exploring it soon

Unknown said...

So, maybe you should write a new post. Considering you're only taking 6 credits this semester. You can do it, Micquel. Also, read SSS comments immediately. And you should also read my blog. And comment. There, I'm done ordering you around.