Thursday, July 01, 2010

News

News: I have decided that I don't want this blog to be dead anymore. I know that when I move away from P-town (which will not be for two years, so don't fret) I will want to keep updated with people's lives. And let's face it, I can't really expect other people to blog so I can keep up with them if I don't put in the effort to post something every now and again, too. Might as well get in the habit now, since I'm kind of a hermit and don't really see lots of peeps here in the Provo as it is.

If you wanted to know what Jeff and I will be up to over the next couple of months, I will be glad to tell you. I am overjoyed that my work is amazing and HR decided to let me go seasonal full time and work 40 hours a week for the summer, should I so desire. I always set out at the beginning of the week with this desire strong in my heart, but it usually disintegrates as the week progresses. Especially if Jeff's Friday class happens to get cancelled. Whatever happens, though, I still look back on my work week with pride if I have worked at least 35 hours.

Now, on to Jeff and this class of his that sometimes gets cancelled and removes any desire of mine to be at work. He took spring classes, and is now enrolled for summer term as well, which includes a class that goes from 4-6 MWF. What a way to destroy any chance of having summer activities, such as swimming (since I refuse to swim in an unheated pool that is in the shade) and matinees (since I refuse to pay full price for a movie). The good news is that he usually gets most of his work and homework done while on campus which leaves us with the rest of the night to play! Although Jeff and my idea of play has not been as identical as usual lately.

Yes, Jeff has recently decreed that he gets to propose one boring activity per night. So last night we spent an hour and a half reading from his stat 441 book (which will be the same book I use for stat 470 this fall) and learning about set notation and relative frequencies. Tonight we will be covering sections 1.3-1.4 which I'm sure will be even more exciting as we learn about probability theory! yay! But in all honesty, it really is nice of him to help me get a head start so that I might actually be able to pass Actuarial exam P.

Our life in a nutshell: work, school, and reading textbooks for fun. We sure know how to live it up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're not going to let this blog die. I think it's very worthwhile when you tend to its needs.

At least his Friday class gets canceled a lot! That's a plus, for sure. We'll have to invite you guys to go camping with us sometime. Unfortunately it can't be on a Friday night because that's when Monte works.

One night I read Monte's abnormal psychology textbook for about a half hour just for funsies. But it was actually interesting...unlike the filth you're reading.

micquel said...

Nikki, thanks for reading this blog, it gives me a sense of worth, yep.

Camping is fun, we are just way lazy so we need a lot of notice. Especially if it is on a Saturday night to get subs for the primarys (Yes our church isn't until 1, but I need a lot of morning time to prepare for those 6 year olds.) But we should still go at least once this summer. Especially if it is FREE.