Monday, May 23, 2011

District of Columbia


Hi guys. So here we are in Washington DC. Except that I'm actually in Virginia and haven't seen any but a real shady part of DC. The lady trying to sell us an apartment was telling us about a man who died in her arms in the alleyway from a gunshot wound resulting from a drug deal gone wrong. Nice. Her selling point was that they caught the perp real quick. Comforting, yes? At least we finally found out why such a nice furnished apartment was so "cheap." Remember how I now think that $1500/month for a really nice apartment is cheap? Ha.

Jeff is currently at his first day of work over at that Comptroller of the Currency place and is actually in the DC. Lets all hope that is going well, okay?

Right now we are staying with my brother's wife's sister and her family--they have been so so nice to let us stay and are even lending us some furniture and pots and pans to save us money. Pretty awesome of them since we had never even met before. It's amazing to me how generous people can be. Amazing. Especially since I am a pretty selfish one myself.

Luckily for them, we will be getting out of their hair soon. We found a little studio apartment on the 8th floor of a building in the safety of Arlington that is a pretty short commute for Jeff. We signed the lease on Saturday and will move in tonight! Pictures to come when I have them.

Let me tell you, I am so ready to be settled and get back into a manageable routine again. Here's to a relaxing rest of the week.

See you tomorrow, blog world.

5 comments:

Jill Swigert said...

Ahh, it is major adventure time for you and that cohort of yours! Can't wait to see the pics each day and pretend we are there with you! Love ya!

smellame said...

I can't wait for pictures! I hope Jeff's first day went smoothly!

deb said...

YAY!!! You made it! I too hope Jeff's first day went well. Big cities are kind of insane, but at least you are with Jeff to laugh at all the crazies. Blog lots, and pictures are a must. I want to see your beautiful face.

Unknown said...

What a relief for me that you're finally putting this blog to good use! It's perfect for your summer away from Utah.

I'm so glad you found an apartment. And those nice people- letting you borrow stuff for a few months. Awesome.

smart alec said...

i'm excited to read of all your adventures so far away! you better go to all the museums out there for me! :)