Thursday, June 09, 2011

Stuffs

Hi guys. Sorry I don't blog more or take better pictures. When we were planning on coming out here I was all hyped about blogging. I thought to myself, "self, you are going to take amazing pictures and blog tons so the peeps at home know what happenin', and so you will have a record as well, 'cause you sure stink at keeping a journal." Not doing so well so far. I will try to be better, mostly for me and my poor memory.

Here's some pics from our memorial day weekend. These first couple are from Arlington Cemetery where we went on Sunday. It was really beautiful up there, and neat how quiet it was, considering how many people were there. So glad that people have reverence and respect for those that have served our country. 



We went and saw the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier, which was really awesome to see. I might have got teary eyed about it, even.


These pictures are all completely out of order, but I just had to  document the first meal cooked and consumed in our new place. That's right Mom, I braved your no recipe spaghetti sauce. It wasn't the same as yours, but still good!


Hello teeny Capital Building!
Very cute Asian couple took this for us after we took a picture of them with their daughter.  
We also went to Little Saigon over this weekend, but realized too late that the memory card was in the computer, and not in the camera. That was a bummer. But it was super fun to see people's faces and complete change of manner toward Jeff when he would speak to them in Vietnamese. The guy cutting his hair was giving these grumpy monosyllabic answers to Jeff's questions like he thought we were the jerkiest Westerners ever. Then he totally lit up and got all chatty and nice as soon as Jeff whipped out the Viet. Jeff also got this lady at the market to pick out some of the best mangos for us. Ever eaten 6 mangos in 4 days? I would do it again in a heartbeat. So good.

Coming soon--The first installment of the Air and Space Museum as well as our first grocery shopping trip on the Metro, featuring a shout out to Harris Teeter and their cheese selection.

4 comments:

Becca said...

oh gosh i bet seeing that cemetery and the tomb dealio would be cool! and these pics are great! glad you posted. it's been soooo long since I've talked to you, so it's nice to be able to keep up with you via blogging. :o)

Jill Swigert said...

Hey you two cutie urbanites! Love your blog! Seeing these pics of Arlington Cemetery ... so inspiring. Truly holy ground. Love you guys!

smellame said...

Look at all the fun things you're getting to see and do! And pretty much my response to my spaghetti sauce and everything is it "just doesn't taste like mom's

smellame said...

Micquel I NEED you to blog more. Come on now, you can do it!