Monday, June 27, 2011

Nerdlings

So, I think I was going to tell you guys about the air and space museum? Well, we are nerds so we loved it a ton. We exclaim a lot about how awesome everything is. Like the module that first landed on the moon. Holy sweet! Below we have the Spirit of St Louis. First solo transatlantic flight happened in this baby. No big deal.


Here's the Bell X-1, Glamorous Glennis. First plane to break the sound barrier. Cool.


I think I also promised something about our fist metro shopping trip? Well, I just realized that we only have really long boring videos from there. That's more cheeses than you would probably care to see, so I decided against posting them. Maybe I will take pictures when we go shipping next week. We'll see.

Here's some other random pictures for your enjoyment:

The view from our window that I see while I work all day.

Made some salmon. It was yummy.
We went to old town Alexandria and ate at Gadsby's Tavern. George Washington ate their some few times and Thomas Jefferson had his inaugural banquet there. The food was good, nothing super amazing, but the atmosphere and candlelight were very fun. 




Pretty much time is just going way too fast, and we will never be able to see everything we want if we keep up our lazy, non-tourist rate of events. Luckily Jeff's sister and her husband came to visit us, so we got some good sight seeing in over the weekend. Also some good late night partying and alien killing, too. We are sad they are leaving us tomorrow. Fourth year of medical school waiting at home? Pshaw, no excuse for leaving before we consent. I mean, we never even got to go to Six Flags America with them.

3 comments:

smellame said...

Oh Micquelly, you are such a silly head. And what a delight. Thanks for the update. That salmon looks yummy. You should teach me how to make it.

micquel said...

Melly! That salmon is so so easy, that's why I love it! You just cut the salmon into about 4 oz peices (which can actually be tough with the skin on). Then you drizzle it with plenty of olive oil, chop up some almonds and fresh parmesian together and sprinkle thinly on top. Then you bake on tinfoil on a baking sheet for 8-10 ish minutes at 350 degrees. enjoy!

smellame said...

Thanks Micquel. I'm going to try this out. And it looks so fancy!