Thursday, October 13, 2005

not so silent camaraderie

The awkward silent camaraderie with the security guard morphed last night into an awkward conversation. This is basically how it went:

I walk out into the lobby and the security guard gets up from his desk to follow me outside.

"Long day, eh?" He asks.

I think, Goodness, I knew I looked crappy and tired, but I didn't think it was that bad. Then I say, "Yeah, it has been a long day." (I had gone in early, mind you.)

Awkward silence as we walk outside.

"Have a good night," I say.

"Wha?" he asks.

"Have a good night."

"Oh, you too."

And he watches while I walk into the darkness and out of his life forever.
End Scene.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Babs said...

Well Hello Scott. Wierd! Anywho, that's pretty exciting Miquelle. Sounds a smidgeon frightening at the same time though too. Actually ... I suppose he is a security guard... nevermind

Unknown said...

Just ask him out. Scott or Mr. Security Guard. Both would be equally exciting....for lack of a better word.

smart alec said...

hey, I commented on the last blog so you should read it.

and um, so, I'm sorry I'm so behind, but is this security guard wanted/attainable/attractive?

If so, I'm with Nikki, if not, then scary.

micquel said...

well, sadly, this security guard hasn't been on duty for a few nights. It's been this nancy-boy redhead with nice shirts who just sits at the desk and allows me to be molested in the parking lot. No good.

Unknown said...

You should just say "hey, buster, get out here and protect me from nasty heads." He'll get the point.

Babs said...

I like that phrase... "boys are batty". Let's see, and "girl's are great!" do you applaud my alliteratioN? hehe, okay, I"m done now.